OUR MISSION IS TO EMBED EMOTIONAL EDUCATION IN ALL ASPECTS OF YOUTH WORK AND EDUCATION
- We are a registered charity that delivers evidence-based programmes and training to support vulnerable and disadvantaged young people in our local communities.
- The foundation of our work is emotional education and all of our activity promotes emotional literacy, emotional resilience and emotional intelligence.
- We transform lives by helping people to see that they can take control of their reactions by using emotional literacy and by becoming emotionally resilient.
- We believe that every young person deserves to be given the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- Our specialist emotional education trainers can deliver our bespoke training programmes in schools, in the community and to other organisations, companies and individuals.
Teresa started out as a youth worker and moved into managing youth projects in the voluntary sector in her early 20's. She has worked in some of the UK's most challenging and diverse communities, from Belfast to Liverpool, London, Manchester, Leeds and Nottingham. Teresa has served on a number of trustee boards and supported many local and national organisations as an adviser or advocate. In 2011 Teresa was recognised with a 'Woman of Substance Award' and selected as one of the 100 most influential women in Nottingham to celebrate 100 years of International Women's Day and in 2018 she received a High Sheriffs Award for outstanding community service.
Teresa joined as our Chief Executive in March 2014 and brings her skills and energy to Transform Training. She is a recognised expert in emotional literacy training and third sector management. Alongside her work with Transform Training she is the Chair of Trustees at ENABLE www.enable.uk.net.
Contact Teresa: email@example.com
Deputy Chief Executive
In June 2015 Sophie graduated with a Masters Degree in Emotional Education. This achievement marked 10 years as a practitioner in the field and has given her the opportunity to be a guest lecturer at the University of Derby and part of a network of researchers in the field of emotional education. She is currently chair of the Children and Young People Task Group for Broxtowe Borough Partnership.
Sophie was a keen Army Cadet and at age 18 was already running her own detachment. She became a commissioned officer in 2008.
Before joining Transform Training as our Deputy CEO in March 2014 Sophie was an Operations Manager with Young Potential and the deputy manager of an independent care home working with young care leavers. She has also worked for Nottinghamshire Probation Trust and a school in Chesterfield.
Contact Sophie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transform Training Ltd. Company Limited by Guarantee Registered no. 8929034. Registered Charity no. 1158831
Registered Office:Dukeries Business Centre, 31-33 Retford Road, Worksop S80 1BU